Notes for Tenants
To ensure quick and easy return of your deposit the following steps should be taken in accordance with your tenancy agreement. Please note that following the check out inspection we are unable to allow further access to the property so please take the time to read through this information and adhere to them:-
- The property should be cleaned thoroughly and left tidy throughout. This includes all appliances – ensuring the oven is cleaned thoroughly, including the internal racks and trays, the fridge/freezer is thoroughly defrosted and free of excess water (and left off and the door open), the washing machine powder drawer and any filters are cleaned out, extractor fans cleaned and filters replaced or cleaned, kitchen units wiped out. Skirting boards, door frames & light fittings are dusted, finger marks are removed from light switches and any marks on paintwork removed and the windows cleaned inside and out.
- All light bulbs in the property to be replaced if required.
- Any broken or damaged items from the inventory should be replaced with either the same or something a close match to the item.
- The garden areas, including lawns, borders, paths, driveways, patios and hedges should be left in a good tidy condition and all weeds removed. We can recommend gardening contractors to you should you prefer.
- Curtains and nets should be washed or dry cleaned as appropriate along with Venetian blinds.
- Ensure that carpets are professionally cleaned at the end of the tenancy in accordance with the terms in your agreement. We can recommend professional carpet cleaners to you. If you arrange the carpet cleaning yourself you must provide proof that this has taken place by a professional cleaner.
- If you have had authorised pets at the property, you will have signed additional clauses in your tenancy agreement obligating you to have the carpets professionally cleaned and treated specifically to eradicate the possibility of fleas. Please ensure that you obtain proof when having this done. An additional £200 pet bond will be required.
- Arrange final accounts for gas, electric, telephone, water rates and council tax but not to disconnect the gas, electric or water, just to take final readings and close the accounts.
- You must arrange re-direction of your mail with the Post Office; we will not accept responsibility for any mail which arrives after you have vacated the premises. Tenants are at risk of falling prey to identity fraudsters by failing to change their details when they move house so please do this in good time.
- Ensure that all your personal belongings are removed from the premises prior to our inventory check and handing back of the keys.
- To enable a speedy the return of your deposit (subject to everything being satisfactory) please provide your forwarding address and bank details.
- Please advise us if you have changed the alarm code (if applicable) during your tenancy or check with us that we have the correct alarm code when you hand in the keys.
If your rent is paid by standing order, you must contact your bank and cancel it direct with them. We cannot do this for you.
This is not an exhaustive list so please refer to your tenancy agreement for a full explanation of your obligations. You will not be permitted to re-enter the property after expiry of the notice period in order to undertake any of the above and therefore it is essential for the return of your deposit that you carry out the above in advance of check out.
Get a Valuation
We offer instant online valuations, just enter your postcode below for an indication of what your property is worth. You can also get a lettings valuation to see what rental you can achieve for your rental property.